Sunday, September 30, 2012

What is it about the sky?

What is it about sky that I find so fascinating? Always I've needed to have what I call "big sky" - the abilility to see relatively unobstructed from horizon to horizon. This sight greeted me early yesterday evening. Fog had rolled in after heavy rain. The sun was still just above the hills across the valley but I'd been drawn outside by the fog I could see outside my window and a peculiar white light.

I looked behind me - the sky was dark, the storm had passed but that white light was the sun shining through the mist and fog and the retreating storm.

Another rainbow!

I've seen so many lately.

A good omen I was thinking.


Then I turned back to the west.







From white to gold, the sun had begun to set.
And then this morning - the harvest moon still high in the sky at 6:30
A layer of mist shrouding the river and the hills beyond.

Fascinating the changes in the sky - just wanted to share the mystery.





3 comments:

  1. Lovely sky shots, Seeing a rainbow is always a treat. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your photography just keeps getting better and better. Some pretty sweet photos here Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for stopping by - this was such an unusual day for me, it was so much fun to share. Appreciate you kind words Bill. I think those were just lucky shots... but I'm working on it. Happy October both of you. b

    ReplyDelete