Friday, January 11, 2019

It's summer someplace..... just not here

This morning when I walked out the door with my new dog pulling me anxiously along, I was hit by this cold wall of air... bitter really not just cold... the radio had told me is was VERY COLD so I dressed for it... but it was hard to hold onto the flashlight (much needed when you have a great big dog the same colour as the background of browns and greys all around - be different if there was snow on the ground).

But I only dropped it once, and Moose - yes that is his name... you can see why below... as he plays with one of my cats in the sitting room of my wee bungalow home. She teases him mercilessly but usually from the safety of the top of the piano - but he never touches her - just noses touch once in a while....

anyway Moose was very patient with my fumbling around and trying to keep up with his long strides in the dark.

But it was cold.

And then I received this - below
A friend in Florida - nudging me that I haven't written my blog for several months?... Was that a warning? that an openmouthed gator may haunt me the next time I go for a visit to him and his partner... scary looking critter, isn't it? And no doubt on their golf course... right near their Florida home.... Wonder what he caught with that huge open mouth?

And then there were other things to remind me - the pumpkin I painted for the United Way Raffle that Burnham's Family Farm Market holds every year
And what I wish we had today - the snowstorm that occurred on my birthday in November (see below)  instead of this frightful cold
However it was meant it got me writing again and searching through my photos - you will probably see more as I become accustomed to my big dog - a mastiff-lab cross with the best temperment in the world... such a sweetheart...
So thank you to my friend and his 'gator photo- and thank you to all who have stuck with me and encouraged me to begin writing again... I think  had forgotten how much fun it is.... thanks all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment