Thursday, January 24, 2019

Birds we see nearby

Canada goose swimming in the fall at Nawautin Conservation area near where I live... there used to be many Canada geese swimming until a male swan showed up and was joined by its mate. It was ferocious in chasing the geese to another part of the township or out to the lake  - which you can see beyond the park bench in the photograph.
A loon on Rice Lake, in the fall of the year I moved there. Friends took me on a tour of the lake near them and we followed this loon for a while... but obviously it would not let us get close.

Red-headed woodpecker- this one works hard as you can see in the next photo. There is something about what this bird does that is totally awe inspiring... and to hear it banging away.... wow!
Hope you enjoyed this brief look at some of the local birds.... there are tons more... wait till I get my camera working again!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blogs and always have! Please keep them up!!

    ReplyDelete