Monday, January 16, 2017

A friendly visitor - or maybe just a hungry one?


This wee fellow just climbed out of the flower pot. He is a regular visitor when I put seeds out for the birds. He has many larger black and grey friends that join the feeding frenzy, but this time I caught only him. I call this chipmunk him, but perhaps it's a her. I don't have any way of checking or knowing not being an animal expert, just an animal lover.


He doesn't live in the flower pot just comes from the cedar trees beyond and fills his face... you can see how stuffed those little cheeks are.


Oops back for more - but not much left.You might notice on this little guy that there is a black band of hair around his belly. I often wonder about that. But I'm always glad to see him - he's so cute. And so far hasn't seemed to invade my home. Touch wood. 

Ohoh, not much more seed. After this shot he bolted down the hole and then charged out and ran for the cedars... unfortunately the shot I tried to get is so blurry... oh well, I'll show you anyway, it is so funny to see.


And off he goes after this....I'm sure I'll be seeing him after today before the rain starts... have to lay in supplies you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment