Monday, December 21, 2015

Hide and seek



You can guess who does the seeking around here. 

Today Eleia continued with her assault on my patience and drove my worry thermometer up to sky high as I realized I hadn't seen her in a while and the door had been open as I put out the garbage.


I hunted high and low, quite literally. I think I now have a hole in my leggings from getting on my knees - no not to pray (maybe to curse a bit) -  to search.... under beds, under couches, chairs, the car, the deck, blankets, duvets, sheets, in cupboards, in the shed, under the car again, under the shed....under the beds again, behind the curtains in the piano room ...

and then I went in the den to look behind the curtain there.

​Meow​
...
​That scratchy little acknowledgement came almost like a whisper. 

In the cupboard, behind a bunch of stuff I'd put on a stack of two or three  totes, and behind a long dress that was hanging there... she peeked out.

Content that she had caused a ruckus, she jumped onto my bed and then curled up in her bed to snooze the day away, one paw on a copy of Winnie the Pooh...ha​




1 comment:

  1. I love your true tales because they are real life thanks for this story made my day

    ReplyDelete