Monday, September 6, 2010

A smile on a gray rainy day


It's been a rainy gray weekend, but late on Saturday afternoon, the sun broke through and gave us all this great big upside down, colourful smile. Of course I ran for my camera, stood in my driveway and then ran around trying to get as many images as I could. Since the rainbow stretched from one side of my horizon to the other I couldn't fit it all in. But here's a small sample - not quite as vivid as it appeared when I shot it.

Rainbows always make me feel hopeful, cheerful and just downright all over good.

I hope you have some lovely rainbows in your skies this weekend and in the months ahead.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Barbara. I love the way you captured the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, missed this one - in another town at the time!! Thanks for sharing, though! Amazing photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hardly wait to see your next picture, which is usually great!
    There isn't much in the way of bird, cat, dog, sky, frog pond that isn't fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete