Saturday, April 30, 2011

Fields of flowers

One of the phrases that has always rung in my head over the years is "a host, of golden daffodils."

This is from, as you probably know, William Wordsworth's most famous poem "I wandered lonely as a cloud..." penned in 1802.

A romantic poem, all the words speak to walking about in nature and enjoying the many different little things that can so often go unnoticed by our busy minds.

So naturally when I came upon this group of one of my very favourite flowers, I was moved to photograph them. They are from the abandoned homestead I wrote about a couple of weeks ago, where only a foundation and remnants of lives once lived still exist - along with a host of daffodils planted long ago by some pioneer farm wife, perhaps to remind her of her original home in England?

Something to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment