Saturday, November 27, 2010

Storm approaches

A month or so ago, I was out in the garden, getting ready to walk the dogs and looked out across the valley to see this big black cloud heading towards me very fast. Of course I ran and got my camera.
It just got worse and a big angry storm hit us full force. I thought of this yesterday when the world went dark once more, but this time snow was added.
The world is bright with snow today and though the wind is up, the temperatures are above freezing and you can bet we'll be enjoying mud puddles before the day is out. The birds are all at the feeders and quite enjoying the extra largesse since I always put out a bit more when it snows, which it did with vigour last night.

Hope you're enjoying a snow free day or if you love to ski and enjoy winter sports - hope you have lots wherever you are. Each day is precious I'm finding, whatever comes.


1 comment:

  1. Isn't mother nature amazing! One moment you can have blue skies and the next the darkness blankets the area. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete