Sunday, August 1, 2010

Rexie


Where is my brain? A couple of days ago I showed a picture of Cleo, my nephew's dog and spoke of Cleo's pal Trixie...whom I thought was a Papillon. Not so.

Some days I think I should go back to bed and start over!

This is Trixie - Cleo's friend. She is a beautiful little King Charles Cavelier as you can see. and from the look she's giving me out of the corner of her eye as she poses so prettily, she is disgusted with my forgetting not only her breed but her name! Sorry Trixie.

But she is a beautiful lively little gal. She and Cleo make quite the pair, one large and silvery brown and this little doll with her black and white long soft coat.

And from Wikipedia: The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is a small breed of Spaniel-type dog, and is classed as a Toy dog by most Kennel Clubs. It is one of the most popular breeds in the United Kingdom. Since 2000, it has been growing in popularity in the United States. It is a smaller breed of Spaniel, and Cavalier adults are often the same size as adolescent dogs of other spaniel breeds. It has a silky coat and commonly an undocked tail. The breed standard recognizes four colours (Blenheim, Tricolour [black/white/tan], Black and Tan, and Ruby). The breed is generally friendly, affectionate and good with both children and other animals.
The King Charles had changed drastically in the late 1600s, when it was interbred with flat-nosed breeds. Until the 1920s, the Cavalier shared the same history as the smaller King Charles Spaniel. Breeders attempted to recreate what they considered to be the original configuration of the breed, a dog resembling Charles II's King Charles Spaniel of the Restoration.

And another mistake recently - Jellybean's person is Ted Sivell, not Sevill - and some day soon I'll show you images of his newest work. I think I mentioned I have one of his pieces... the new ones are very popular and when I am in the gallery in our village, I seem to sell his work more than any other.

Hope you're enjoying a great long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment