Friday, March 24, 2017

More Florida vacation


This big fellow mostly stays in the water, but hangs about in the pond in the golf course, and near my friends' winter home. I only saw it on the day that I tried to play golf with my long time friend who has taken up the game since she moved to Florida for the winter with her new (of seven years) partner. She's pretty good... and though I started playing golf when I was about 7 or 8, I could hit only the ground... ah shucks.

Took out my camera instead of a putter.


On the third hole, same pond as the one the alligator is in, I saw these turtles sunning themselves on a rock and one trying to get up on the rock, and these lovey ibis. There are lots of water birds around this course, and they seem to be constantly searching for food in the shallows.


An egret and two alligators on the eighth hole fairway... you can see the gators don't stray too far from the water. But boy the closest one must be well fed to be asleep with that egret within three or four feet of it.


A sandhill crane in the parking lot of the golf club. Just stood there as if I wasn't around at all. As tall as me. Never been that close to one.

This whole area is teeming with birds, 'gators, and other wildlife. What a photographer's delight.

A big thank you to my friends who live in Florida for the winter, for the wonderful time I spent with them this winter. Quite amazing.

More pics of another day in my next blog. I hesitate to say tomorrow, because sometimes tomorrow never comes but a few days down the road does instead. Hope you have enjoyed these images.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous Barb! Gives a whole new spin on obstacles on the golf course! Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. More interesting than chasing a little white ball in my opinion...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting me know you are enjoying the blog... it certainly is so much fun to use my photographs and write about them

    ReplyDelete