Tuesday, January 11, 2011

More about Muffet and her brother Beauregarde

I'm sentimental. My recent trips down memory lane through my photograph albums and my old journals have brought back many fabulous memories of animals that have been part of my life over the years.

Here are some "baby pictures" of Muffet - whom I included in the blog two days ago when she was an "older woman" and also of her brother Beau. These pups were the result of Mum going walk about with a couple of different male dogs - one obviously a lab as you can tell from Beaus' appearance - (Mum was a collie cross) -and possibly a coyote - when I look at Muffet, her size and her shy manner..

These two pups lived mostly outdoors - they came into the house in the evenings to spend time with us... but as you can see I often spent time outside with them... sometimes having a nap in the sun on the lawn with them as in one of these pictures

These two pups were constant companions and great friends for each other and for me. We would walk together all over the property we had on the other side of the valley from where I live now. They were great pals for all four of us actually. We all loved them.

This experience - having two dogs rather than just one - convinced me that it's always better if  I possibly can to have more than one dog. One of the reasons is the company they have when I'm away for the day or even just for an hour. Two can get into mischief but somehow it's less than a lone and lonely dog who develops anxiety over being left behind and becomes destructive.

In any case these two gave us all a lot of pleasure and fun watching their antics as cute pups and also as they grew. They were good watch dogs as well, always letting us know when someone was coming to visit. But always polite and well-mannered. I'd forgotten how cute and roly-poly they were as babies... fun to go down this lane... Do you have animal friends from the past that you miss too? Fun to think of all those good times with them isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Your love for animals is so touching. You have such a good heart and I am so glad that you are having such a good time going through all of your old memories! As always thank you so much for making us a part of it.

    ReplyDelete