Sunday, January 30, 2011

Early morning sun

It's been a while since we've seen a sunrise with lake effect snow being the norm. But yesterday when the sky turned pale pink and gold in the southeast, even though there were no birds at my feeder in the paper birch in front of the house, it called out for a photograph.

It was so quiet. So still.

The snowplow had been by and my driveway was clear as well - so no tractors or big trucks.

Early morning is my favourite time of day I think... specially as we get to see more daylight now that the sun is climbing higher in the sky.

Even if there are no birds to hear or watch, the stillness is what I love. Sometimes even my dogs just stand nearby and smell the air. (Now you know that it must be really quiet if that happens because they are usually off and running.)

Today I wanted to share that sense of stillness and peace by posting this photograph.

Wishing you a beautiful day, and sending you my thanks for visiting my blog today or any day that you do.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry I am just now catching up, I am SO bad about commenting on the weekends but I am glad I saved this until Monday. I needed your kind words and this glorious photo! Thank you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you right back for reading - I always watch for your comments. Some days I don't even feel like posting specially on weekends... and you are always busy with family and friends - which is far more important than reading something on a computer...

    In any case Mindy - your website is a delight and I hope many people go to visit yours from mine...

    ReplyDelete