Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Weather report

Two years ago I woke to this! For those of you who don't like snow, or cold or winter, it will just be an unpleasant reminder of what's ahead. But it struck me as a pretty picture to start my morning, specially since the sun is shining, here right now, no grey skies, and NO SNOW.

Now I like snow in its time and place but my garden needs attention still, and some leaves need raking to cover flower beds...so I'll be pleased if it holds off another few days.

But don't you think it's interesting that our weather changes so much from year to year? And despite the forecasts which seldom seem correct, we get lovely surprises such as last week's Indian Summer here in Ontario? Or even the beauty of this snow dusting?




And for those of you who prefer the hot weather of summer, or the glorious colours of fall - this is what greeted me this morning:
Eleia sitting on the deck railing with the pond in the background - she'd been hunting I think -

and these hot geraniums at the foot of my stairs!

Have a fabulous day!

1 comment:

  1. I HATE SNOW!!! I could go the rest of my life and never see it again, unfortunately they are predicting a bad winter here so to that I say BOO!

    Having said that I do love the changing of the seasons and I think snow is beautiful. I just want it to go away the next day lol!

    ReplyDelete